I HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL! πŸ‘„

School closed till next year and this is pretty tough both for students and teacher. I think its slightly better for us in city area and it'll be even more challenging for those in rural areas. I personally think it's okay to keep the schools open in green zone area especially in pendalaman. Teachers aren't allowed to leave stations & students can't go to school. They're basically just wasting time there.




Why? People in the city have more choices. Internet coverage is good, some telco offers unlimited data on some sites/apps. It's all up to the students to whether or not they WANT it.


How about the kids in pendalaman area? They don't have that kinda choices. Most of them don't even own a smart phone/laptop. Even if they do, they'll have to share with the other siblings. AND they would have to go extra miles (literally) to get a okay-la internet connection.



A few months ago, on the first MCO I (Beyond Pitas) was involved with a campaign highlighting a plight of Sabahan's students. If you have the time, please read more here https://www.hanafundme.com/product/plight-of-sabahs-students-with-studying-online/ .

I can't help but thinking "Did we learn anything during the first wave of Covid-19?"

"Did the government tried something, anything to help our students in rural area?"

"Was it only Veveonah's kampung? How about the others?'


https://www.hanafundme.com/product/plight-of-sabahs-students-with-studying-online/
Kindasan folks. (Taken from HanaFundMe) 
https://www.hanafundme.com/product/plight-of-sabahs-students-with-studying-online/ 

 

I can't do anything aboutthat. I'm no government. So I'm just gonna do what I can to help our kids, our students.  It's disappointing to see only 4/33 of your students will respond to you messages/homework but that is all up to them now. Teachers can only do that much. This pandemic affect everyone and understandably RM30 for internet connection is not the main priority for the poors. They're living day by day, parents need to feed the kids, pay bills etc. I don't have that heart to force them to submit their homework on time. Though I know, some of them purposely ignore their homework. Ah, God bless their soul!  

I made some videos and send them in our whatsapp group but some of them complain that they can't open it because their phone memory is already full or something. So there goes my effort. I pity them. I don't know what to do anymore :(

So what I do now is to post the video online hoping that they'll be able to watch them whenever they can. However, will they have enough data to watch the video? That I'm not sure :( I really hope the government will talk to telco or something to let the students have unlimited access to certain websites like - Google classroom, whatsapp, telegram, YouTube? Is that possible? Oh how I wish.


Do search me on YouTube - Cikgu Risma πŸ’”

Hopefully the views I'm getting are from students

I really hope my videos will help some of the students in their studies. Most importantly, I hope this pandemic will be over soon and the vaccine will be available in our country the soonest. Will it work? Let's see πŸ’“


Comments

Popular Posts